Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
none
Status (Visible)
I'm sending most of my schools a packet of letters, without a composite letter.

Why?

the premed committee hasn't been able to meet for 6 months, and wont be able to meet for @ least another 1.5 months. I feel that the timing of the committee meeting would kill me...I already have all my LORs in and ready to be sent in a packet..

Will this hurt me very badly?

About the Ads

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2002
Florida
members.migente.com
Status (Visible)
I have a similar problem.....my school wont send out a composite letter until i have an MCAT score bc they require me to have a minumum score. And there is no guarantee i even get that score so why should i bother to wait 2 months? I'm sending a packet also. I Think some schools ask u write a statement as to why u arent using their service tho. I guess is looks bad if u have it but dont use it. My other issue is that i dont have any letters from liberal arts professors. I've been doin post bacc and am now in grad school so all i have the last 2 yrs is science. Oh well i hope they can understand.

J

jot

you might want to consider saying that you will update with it - if they know your school uses the letter, and you aren't using the service, it raises eye brows. just a thought -

GATC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2002
Miami
Visit site
Status (Visible)
My school does offer a committee letter and I opted not to use it for numerous reasons. I don't think that it is wise to send everything in together. For security reasons, LORs are never supposed to touch an applicants hands. I gave my professors stamped addressed envelopes and that is how I circumvented the whole committee package. This did not affect me at all, in fact many of my interviewers got to know specific things about me and I received interviews at all the schools I applied to.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads