Premed Facebookers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Represent!

book me

Bryan Yeh @ UC Riverside

whats yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Eric Reiners @ LSU, representing the Bayou Bengals baby...

Members don't see this ad :)
byeh2004 said:
Represent!

book me

Bryan Yeh @ UC Riverside

whats yours?

moo ha ha ha, now i'm gonna steal your identities and your women!

Huuuu Else?

justskipee said:
moo ha ha ha, now i'm gonna steal your identities and your women!

Wow, and our women!! This guy's askin' for it! :D

Facebook is lame, but I use it because I'm lame also. I'm a Pony named carrot at University of Colorado - it's pretty freakin' sweet. Myspace is really where it's at.

Messerschmitts said:
Victor Chen @ UC Berkeley

there's alot of victor chen's at UC Berkeley...not sure which one to add

Messerschmitts said:
Wow, and our women!! This guy's askin' for it! :D
Too late...hehe :laugh:

The only reason i like facebook is because you can list your classes and it helps you to find and become friends with some of the other kids in your classes...also, it's an icebreaker so we don't seem like total strangers due to the fact that we have most likely seen each other listed on Facebook....

Anyone care to share their funniest/coolest Group names?

mine has to be "I facebooked your mom last night"

Add me, I'm DeAndre Palmer @ C.Arkansas

Members don't see this ad :)
thefafo said:
Facebook is lame, but I use it because I'm lame also. I'm a Pony named carrot at University of Colorado - it's pretty freakin' sweet. Myspace is really where it's at.

lol. i just laughed my ass off at the "sometimes me and my brother eat turkey" caption. i have no idea why.
-mota

drmota said:
lol. i just laughed my ass off at the "sometimes me and my brother eat turkey" caption. i have no idea why.
-mota

But it's true, my brother and I hang out, and sometimes turkey is eaten.

GoBroncos! said:
facebook is more addicting than this site =D, i think i check it like 12 times a day.

yeah true true. But I keep an account cuz many of my friends moved away so friendster or facebook or myspace are pretty much the only real way to contact them and keep up with them.

whats the big deal with facebook? it seems more like a popularity contest than anything else..

GoBroncos! said:
homeschoolers that arent socially awkward is a good1 2

represent!

neurotik said:
whats the big deal with facebook? it seems more like a popularity contest than anything else..

Its not really a popularity contest. it is a way of keeping up with people that may no longer be at your school and just generally keeping in touch with others and seeing what they are up to in life. Sometimes, when you lose contact with a person when they go away, things like facebook, myspace, or friendster allow a solid place where you can look for them and keep in touch with them. This has been the case with me and my friends that are now in med school.

some people do use facebook/myspace for actually keeping up with friends and what not, others just add any random stranger with whom they may have had a random conversation just to beef up their friends count.

neurotik said:

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. So many naive people who don't understand it have this notion.

As guju said, it's a great networking tool. Speaking of tools, it intrinsically filters out those who don't have university email addys (meaning less stalkers and scary people, spammers...). I use it to share photos from China with my family and friends.

Yeah, it does report how many "friends" you have. After using it you will realize how little this represents.

I can see facebook as a networking tool but not so much as keeping tabs on friends who moved away. I mean if you're actually close with that friend, you'd have their cell or AIM.

I will admit the pictures feature is pretty sweet.

NehsNairb said:
I can see facebook as a networking tool but not so much as keeping tabs on friends who moved away. I mean if you're actually close with that friend, you'd have their cell or AIM.

Sometimes people change phone numbers and may lose phone numbers of friends or what not. Believe it or not, several people do use this or other equivalence things as a way of staying in touch with everyone. But whatever. I use it for my purposes and you use it for your purposes. Why I'm even debating this with you I don't know.

The point wasn't to debate facebook's value but to get people who have accounts and are willing to share it to go ahead and do so.

NehsNairb said:

Not everyone uses AIM. Some people I know use facebook much more often then they use AIM because they can leave a quick message on the wall, if they've got something they have to do. On the other hand, most people only sign on AIM if they are going to hold a full length convo as if they'd do on the phone.

I gave up facebook for Lent.

Boon Doctor said:

mine has to be "I facebooked your mom last night"

I'm a card-carrying member of "Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good... and Want To Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too" as well as "Chuck Norris Does Not Sleep...He Waits." I wonder if the latter was founded by some rogue SDNer... Oh and of course I'm a member of "Raised And Abused By Drunk Penguins, We Join Every Facebook Group In Search Of Acceptance"

Boon Doctor said:

"George W. Bush is NOT from Texas"
(well . . . he's not.)

"I need it to cut a turkey! And some Febreeze too!"
(In reference to THIS crazy murderer guy, who was/is a BIG deal at UT)

and finally

"Sometimes I Wear Scrubs To Pretend Im Already A Doctor But When Someone Begins Choking I Freak Out" :cool:

"we finish our beers because there's sober kids in India."

"It's a lie guys----size DOES matter."

"Uncle Rico for FSU Quarterback 2006"
"Haha..Chris Rix didn't get drafted."
"Wyatt Sexton is not God, if he was he would have beat UF last year"
(you'd have to keep up with FSU football to get those).

my personal favorite:

"Monica Lewinsky Had More President In Her Mouth Than George W. Bush Has In His Entire Body "

:D

NehsNairb said:

I totally use MySpace to keep up with my long-distance friends. Especially since I moved away from my home state. A lot of my really good guy friends don't really communicate by telephone. I don't know why. And the picture part is awesome.

lookslikerain said:
my personal favorite:

"Monica Lewinsky Had More President In Her Mouth Than George W. Bush Has In His Entire Body "

:D
:laugh: :laugh:

Some of my favorite facebook clubs:

"I could kick a zombie's ass"

"It's Missouri...not Missour-ah"

"Say no to camel toe"

and "Why doesn't Sheryl Crow pay for our new fine arts complex?"
In reference to the fact that our university continually plans fine arts space, then builds parking garages instead...and since Sheryl Crow is an MU music-ed grad, she has the power to get something done.