Premed movies!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jhug said:
WIT!!! i've been trying to figure out the name of that show for a while now...my wife and i watched it while she was in the hospital on bed rest (long story)...i actually cried...and i'm not much of a crier...
definitely would suggest that show to everyone!!!

Preach it, jhug! :) Hope everything worked out with your wife...

I feel that the importance of ethics in medicine is being forgotten...Wit reminds us all that medicine involves the treatment of PEOPLE

And the John Donne stuff is GREAT too

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with the pre-med list of movies. But I would like to add a few.....
1. House of God....awesome book. It is a must read before or during med school. The Fat Man Rules!
2. Young Doctors in Love.....this movie is a funny comedy from the early 80s.
3. Young Frankenstein.....Mel Brookes movie. Our neuro professor had movie clips of this he incorporated in his lectures.

We watched Wit during our summer session. Very good movie. Really makes you think.

Also, loved the dude from Van Wilder!!! Gotta love the protein shakes!!!

hey everyone! I was just rechecking the site and I guess I have to catch up on some movies that I haven't seen. have a great day! :D ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all ~ definately great movies u are talking about, Awakenings was great! Anyone know where I can look for the Wit movie u all keep mentioning? I have never heard of it. Thanks :D

irishlaydi, I found getting in at this little movie rental place. it wasn't one of the more well known places, and I think the name of it is movie town or something like that. but I would look around at different stores and try to find a few of them. what I also did was call the different movie stores and ask them to look up in their system if they had them or not. its worth a try! good luck!! :luck:

@Phil Anthropist: awakenings was awesome, and robin williams plays one of the doctors!! I also enjoyed him in patch adams!! :D

When I was considering a carribean medical program back in the day, a movie called "Bad Medicine" was pretty funny and puts a nice twist on the foreign medical education avenue...anyway its pretty funny from what I remember!
Its with that guy from the original "Police Academy" movies, Steve Guttenberg. Check it out.