Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Premed Needs Help: I got a D, am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Adi Prasad, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Adi Prasad

Adi Prasad Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi med students,
    I just got a D this past spring in my final O-Chem lab. I am waitlisted at Penn State, SLU, and NYMC and I am scared that even if I get accepted, they will rescind the offer when they hear of the D in a required science class. Has anyone ever been in this situation, what happened? I already tried to get the grade changed at the prof said no. Anyways, any input is appreciated.
    thanks,
    Adi
    UCLA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

Welp, if you've already gotten the D, all you can do is wait and see what happens. Keep trying to get into schools that you are waitlisted at and getting ready to re-apply if needed, and you might want to be prepared to re-take this O chem lab class next year if you do not get in this year. Some schools will rescind their offer of admission after getting your transcript, but I would bet that some just wouldn't care so just wait and see what happens. Good luck.

4. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

In one of my two acceptance letters it was mentioned that I must complete any remaining course work with grades of C or higher or my acceptance may be revoked. But I think it varies a great deal from school to school. Check with each school about their policy. Their admissions office should tell you straight up what the deal is. It is better to know than not to know.