premed schools in australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeeyo987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, im currently a high school student in the us, and want to apply to a med school, are there any 6 year programs in australia?

Members don't see this ad.

There are several 6 year programs- University of Adelaide, University of NSW, Monash university to name a few. The University of Newcastle has a 5 year program. Hope this is helpful.

this is very helpful, if u have any links or places i can call, that would be of most help, im in the process right now of trying to learn everything and make the right choice

thank you

Have a look at http://ausmedstudent.com/ for some info about Australian med schools.

There are a few taking entry direct from high school. I'm not sure how an internation student would go about it, though. Probably through the IB or something. You would probably be a full-fee paying international student, bot sure of the costs though. I guess about AUS$100k or thereabouts.

Many of the med schools are moving towards graduate entry. There is no pre-requsite for which degree you have - could be English Lit - but you do have to pass the MCAT, which is science based.

Craig

Craig