Premed student who needs help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruth561

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am college student who is in her sophomore year of premed and I'm currently taking Anatomy and Physiology, but I'm not doing so well in that class (but I'm doing okay in the lab portion of the class). Finals are next week and I still have Anatomy and Physiology II to take second semester(feeling like the same thing is going to happen again)...what can I do to help me better study? How to retain all the information required for this class? Any advice on what an average student like me could do to improve would really help! I know premed gets harder and harder I heard about organic chem, etc.

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's so horrible how much you must remember, right? The way I studied for that class was to make practice questions based on every paragraph I read. Simply memorizing with flashcards didn't do it for and took more time than actually studying. Another strategy was to work in groups making those practice questions. Then quiz each other on them.

gl

Anatomy and Physiology is really almost all memorization, so I feel your pain. The best thing I can recommend is flash cards. Also, pictures are very helpful for me. If I stare at a picture long enough, I usually can recall it in my head during the test. Finally, make sure you allow plenty of time to study. Study then take a break and try not to overwhelm yourself. Good luck!