Premed undergrad advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MT26822

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm deciding between Caltech and Duke for premed (got off of duke's waitlist recently). I really like caltech and wouldn't mind going and learning all that "useless" physics to get into med school. My thoughts are that from Caltech premed, I can manage to either get into a pretty good med school or not at all, in which case my prospects for grad school are still good. What should I do? Is Duke's premed that good, that I could work considerably less and get into a comparable med school? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm deciding between Caltech and Duke for premed (got off of duke's waitlist recently). I really like caltech and wouldn't mind going and learning all that "useless" physics to get into med school. My thoughts are that from Caltech premed, I can manage to either get into a pretty good med school or not at all, in which case my prospects for grad school are still good. What should I do? Is Duke's premed that good, that I could work considerably less and get into a comparable med school? Thoughts?

Also:

redflag.jpg

You're not going to get into a good medical school from any undergrad if you have that attitude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Duke obviously has a better basketball team. As I recall, Cal Tech recently won its first basketball game in something like 15 or 20 years - pretty nerdy place. Now, if you are a girl attending Cal Tech, your odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Of course, Cal Tech is populated by geniuses and Duke is populated by merely smart people.

Duke obviously has a better basketball team. As I recall, Cal Tech recently won its first basketball game in something like 15 or 20 years - pretty nerdy place. Now, if you are a girl attending Cal Tech, your odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Of course, Cal Tech is populated by geniuses and Duke is populated by merely smart people.

Oh God.. Being a man, I fear how odd the female goods are there.

This is some sig material right here :laugh: