Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

premedflashcards.com

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bluesTank, Apr 19, 2007.

1. bluesTank

bluesTank Zombie 5+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    College Station, TX
    Has anyone used them? If you have were they any good at all? I need some final opinions before I actually purchase them...are they worth going over, or is am I better off studying actual material?

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GTsquirrel

GTsquirrel 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah, I have been using them for like a week. I think that the program is well constructed where it is easy to flip through each card and also to reverse the cards for the answers. Overall, I think they will help you memorize key facts like equations and definitions, but with about only 300-400 cards for each section (physics, o chem, gen chem, biology = ~1600 total cards) I would not recomend them as a replacement for prep books. I bought these in the first place because I realized that after going through the prep books, I had a hard time memorizing the equations and lists (like hormones of the AP.... oh yeah, FLAT PEG). Anyway, these helped me out some, but I think the best thing to come out of these flashcards for me was that it made me make my own flashcards cause I would be like "I can make better and more detailed cards than these," and that is what I have been doing ever since. Also, there are several mistakes on the flashcards (like a missing negative sign or flipping two different words) that make you doubt whether other cards are wrong also. I don't know, for $30 you may be better off buying a good prep book and making your own flashcards, but it you don't want to or if you want to make flashcards on your computer (I think this prog will allow you to do that), then I guess $30 isn't that big of an investment for a good score, right? :) Hope this helps.

4. Andrea326

Andrea326

Apr 17, 2007
    I also am using premedflashcards. I really like it. Maybe I'm stupid but I couldn't find any errors (I PMed Squirrel). Maybe they fixed it?

I bought them through Google Checkout and got $10 off (if it's your first time, they give you $10), so it only cost me $20. A lot cheaper than any other flashcards I could buy elsewhere.

5. Mastac741

Mastac741 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Bored again at work - when will med school start?

I used (past tense) premedflashcards. I thought they were cool and a nifty way to study the material on the computer. They helped me solidify concepts and definitions. I agree with GT - they are not to be used alone, but I don't think they were designed for that.

I used these flashcards, AAMC tests, Exam Krackers VR, the big Kaplan book to study. I got 11's on both the BS and PS sections. Got massacred on VR - why aren't their flashcards for VR? and scored an 8. Anyway, still got in to med school, and can't wait until it starts.

Not sure about the google checkout thing, but I found on some random website a coupon code for 15% off if you use the word "studentdoc" on checkout. Not sure if this is still valid.

6. conundrum7

conundrum7

May 16, 2007
    The coupon works only on Google Checkout -- not on Paypal. I tried them both before ordering.