Premedical student conference at San Diego State University November 17-19, 2000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fltdoc2be

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, fellow premeds...

I'm the VP for Council of Prehealth Organizations at San Diego State Unversity and a peer advisor with the preprofessional health advising office.

We have a great event coming up next month that is geared specifically to premeds. If you have ever wondered about what you should or should not do on the road of medical school application, this is the event for you. It addresses concerns of the traditional applicant, the non traditional applicant (like me) and the reapplicant. Also, there are seminars and discussion panels throughout the day that specifically address osteopathic medicine awareness and military medicine.

The best part of the conference is the opportunity ot talk to the admissions representatives in a social setting at the dinner on Friday and to have them review your personal statement and conduct a mock interview. This has the potential to give you the inside feeling of several of the admission folk on how they view their applicants and what they base their selection criteria upon. Of course, the best part is establishing a dialogue with them that will carry through your application process.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by. If you have any questions about the conference or if you're a poor student like me and would like to stay with one of our premeds here at SDSU, let me know at [email protected].

I've attached a recent invitation that was sent to San Diego area students that contains more of the details. Hope to see you there! Catch the wave to success!

Mari Kino

To: Future Doctors

On behalf of San Diego State University's Council of Prehealth Organizations, I invite you to the Premedical Conference 2000 to be held on November 17-19, 2000 at SDSU. Catch the Wave to Success! is the theme that highlights three days of fun and information through presentations, workshops, tours and
social events.

Highlights include:
Admissions officers! So far from Stanford, UCSD, UC Davis, UCLA, Drew, USC, UC Irvine, Western (COMP), Howard, USUHS, UVA, Midwestern, Des Moines, Kirksville, Touro, University of Health Sciences (Kansas City),
UMDNJ, St. George's, Ross, Guadalajara...plus more to come.

Outstanding keynote speakers!
- V.S. Ramachandran, MD/PhD, Professor, UCSD School of Medicine, and author
of "Phantoms in the Brain."
- Jon Fong, D.O., the real doctor (and technical consultant) behind the NBC television series "ER."
- Captain William Roberts, MD, Deputy Commander of Naval Medical Center, San Diego.

We also have:
- Applicant Improvement Seminars conducted by medical school admissions officers (applications, personal essays, mock interview, etc.)
- Physician, Medical School Admission Director and Medical Student Panel
Discussions
- Medical School Curriculum overview and comparison (PBL, traditional, etc.)
- Medical School Fair featuring admissions representatives from medical schools throughout the United States and abroad
- Exclusive tours of local civilian and military medical facilities, including the USNS Mercy
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment demonstration, and Osteopathic Medicine
Awareness seminars and panel discussions
- Vendor Fair, including representatives from Hyperlearning and Kaplan
- Dinner and social mixer with Dr. V. S. Ramachandran and professional school admission representatives, wellness breakfast hosted by AACOM and lunch hosted by Universidad Aut?noma Guadalajara (UAG)

This conference is designed to provide information to students interested in
medical school. Register early! The
deadline for early registration has been extended until November 1, 2000 and
advance registration closes on November 10, 2000. Seats are limited to the first 300
students.

Registration forms are currently available on our website at http://www.sdsu.com/conf2000, or through your advising office. Mock interview sessions will be filled first come, first served based upon paid registration. Students applying for the entering class of 2001 will receive preference. Likewise, personal statement review sessions will
be filled on a first come, first served basis (paid registration) with preference given to students applying for the entering class of 2002.

Look for conference updates and registration information on our website. If you have any questions not answered by the website, please
contact us at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Members don't see this ad.