Premeds who act like doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, you've found wiki as a source!! :thumbup: :D
Hey, wow. You're denouncing a wiki source on an anonymous internet message board thread dedicated to hating pre-meds. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

my PI uses wikipedia LOL

I am wikipedia.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wikipedia.

My friend is ON wikipedia. I think you can make your own wiki page, but I have not yet tried to figure out how to do it. Not sure anyone would ever find it, but I'm not sure I'd want to know what they would do to it if they did.

I hate pre-meds that are uber uptight. Get the **** out of here!!! We're regular 20 somethings just like the students from every other area of campus. We should be getting wrecked and partying all the time, not acting like a bunch of uptight churchy kids who never swear, tell dirty jokes or hook up with random chicks. Quit acting like an old fart.

Maybe that's not you guys, but I know a lot of up tight pre-meds. I also have to mention that many of them wear khakis and dress shoes to school.....to school!!!! Hopefully that helps you identify and hate them as much as I do.

The CNA's in our ED do all the stuff mentioned above, plus CPR, reapplying dressings, EKG's, guaiac tests (finger up the butt), applying splints, and a variety of other things. Working in a nursing home probably won't get you much medical experience, but working in the ED can give you at least a little.

Oh c'mon. Someone's got to do the scut work that CNAs do. If they don't clean up the shyit then premed volunteers will have to do it eventually.

Plus sometimes CNAs are hot.

As for everyone complaining about the people who act like they know things, I think doctors peak in their knowledge at around age 60. So reall you're going to have to pretend that you know things to gain the patients' trust for quite a few years, might as well get started.

Don't worry about your heart attack sir, I am a premed, and I am pretty sure I saw this on House last week. Maybe your heart attack is secondary to Wilson's disease.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the term "gunner" does not apply just to medical students. There are gunners in things completely unrelated to medicine. A lot of econ students at my college are gunners. If gunner is defined to mean someone who is academically competitive to the point where they don't care if it is damaging to their colleagues.
-Roy

The worst pre-meds are the ones that feel entitled to a Nobel Prize because of their semester of research. They are the ones who say "vectorially antagonistic" instead of "opposite" (I'm not kidding). I TA a class, and the pre-meds are the ones that stay after and pester me about the grading system, how the quizzes and tests are, etc. etc. etc. They are the ones that like to brag about their course load, in the most masochistic way possible, and look down on humanities majors. The world would be a better place if the word pre-med didn't exist. Oh boy.

I hate typical pre-meds....the only time anyone knows I want to be a doctor is when they ask.