Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Prep Course For The Boards

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Jason Park, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Jason Park

Jason Park Junior Member

I would appreciate any input from someone who has taken a prep course for the Boards...was it worth the exorbiant fee??

------------------
    Jason Park MS-II
    NSU-COM

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Liljoe2002

Liljoe2002 Member

Jason,

Don't waste your time on a board prep course-too much money and too little time. Most the people at UHS didn't take a prep course and studied with First Aid, NMS practice questions, and reviews by the profs. If you can skim through First Aid now and about 1-2 months before the COMLEX, read through that book as many times as possible. Study in a group if you can-this helped out big time. Do NMS practice questions throughout to keep testing yourself. Most of my friends as well as myself studied this way and did well on both COMLEX and USMLE step 1. Hope this helps.

PS: Almost forgot one very important thing, know that book by Savarese-OMM forgot the title. A must for the COMLEX as 25% of test is OMM.

Liljoe

4. Jason Park

Jason Park Junior Member

Liljoe,

Thanks, I'll be sure to take your reply into consideration