prep course with physical books and videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treeye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lots of people told me to take a MCAT prep course but it's just too expensive. I was so excited today that the head of the educational department at our hospital told me today that our library will buy a MCAT prep course and I can borrow it. Then after a while I realized that almost all prep courses are limited online access courses that it's not justified for our library to buy an online course which will expire.

I did a little research and found Gold Standard MCAT home study package. Anyone knows any similar good courses with physical books and videos that our library can keep? How is the Gold standard package and does it include practice tests? thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Gold Standard (GS) does have a program with 8 full-length practice tests but I don't believe that it would be appropriate for your library. I think book sets like those published by Kaplan, Examkrackers, Princeton Review, Next Step, TBR are appropriate. The majority of our GS content is online: ebooks, videos, practice questions and tests.

Occasionally, some universities (usually pre-health programs, almost never libraries) license online access from companies like ours, and presumably others. If your current focus is content review, then your least expensive options include getting your library to acquire the books that you wish, and then supplement with Khan Academy. If your focus is practice tests, then you may want to check if your program or library enters into license agreements with online companies which provides options like GS, Examkrackers, Next Step, TBR, etc. As far as I know, Kaplan and PR do not license their exams separately at this time.