Prep courses helpful for CBT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if a prep course is recommended for the CBT-version, at least to get myself familiarize with the format of the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
use the one from aamc if you are concerned with computer format.

Were most features on the real deal simliar to to that of the practice tests? I heard some people say that some features, such as searching for a keyword wasn't allowed in the real one, but it was allowed on the practice tests? Such subtle differences is what truly concerns me.

searching is not available on the real mcat. I did not use any practice so Ican't compare

Were most features on the real deal simliar to to that of the practice tests? I heard some people say that some features, such as searching for a keyword wasn't allowed in the real one, but it was allowed on the practice tests? Such subtle differences is what truly concerns me.

True, you can't search and that was allowed on practice tests. You shouldn't stress over the differences. The practice tests do a very good job simulating the real thing. If you want specifics, check out the demo tutorial from Thompson-Prometric:

http://www.prometric.com/demos/mcat/index.htm