Preparation for the cbt ndbe part 1 in september

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamdi riad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiii guys I greatly appreciate the help everyone is offering to each other, keep it up.

I am preparing for the cbt ndbe part 1 in september and I had a few questions I hope you can help me with:

1. Are the questions now clinical based and different from those in the past like in 2002 and 2003?

2. I have the 2001 dental decks and old exams , the latest I have is the 1998 exam, is this enough to prepare for the test, or do I need to get a later edition of the dental decks and are there any later tests released than 1998?

I previously took the test but did not score well I got an overall 77 and a 73 in anatomic sciences in 2002 paper based test, so I hope to do better this time but I am really scared of the new approach of the test questions.

I greatly appreciate your help and any advice you offer, thanks again and keep up the good work ;)

Members don't see this ad.

you can do well i think with the material you have. Do the decks, then do 1 or 2 complete old tests (ie. 8 sections), then do the decks again and 1 or 2 tests, then i would do the decks once more and do 1 or 2 more test. after that you should still have a good month to review all the stuff on the decks and tests that confused you. I think the info sticks better if you constantly do old tests with the decks. after you have done that... reveiew the tests you have done with the decks that were difficult. be sure to go to the ada site and look at what specific concepts will be tested on and go from there. you have to commit the time if you want to do well. i really dont know more than this b/c i just took my test and have not gotten my score yet. good luck to you.

oh yeah... you may want to get a few review aids...micro made ridiculous simple, first aid usmle step 1(a little overkill), and board review series in physiology and biochem.

my 2 cents...

hamdi riad said:
Hiii guys I greatly appreciate the help everyone is offering to each other, keep it up.

I am preparing for the cbt ndbe part 1 in september and I had a few questions I hope you can help me with:

1. Are the questions now clinical based and different from those in the past like in 2002 and 2003?

I greatly appreciate your help and any advice you offer, thanks again and keep up the good work ;)

As far as I know the pattern will be the same (no clinical based questions)untill summer 2005 :)