Prepare or relax before Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JellyBean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am begining medical school in about a week and I was wondering what other soon to be medical students are doing this summer. Part of me feels like I should be studying and another part of me feels I should be relaxing. If you are a soon to be medical student, how are you spending your last few days/weeks of freedom?

------------------
The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.
....Abraham Lincoln

AllAdvantage.com
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=bta487

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I have about a week and a half to go before I take the plunge. I know that sounds funny, but Med school is like a marriage- as someone else said on in the forum. I'm just flipping through some non-science books and an anatomy atlas-nothing you'd call studying. For now, I'm just trying to chill out and enjoy my quiet time.

I'm so freaked out about moving my crap down to Irvine, then couch surfing in the Bay Area for a couple of weeks until school starts (sad, but I need every penny from this job!), that I'm in complete denial about the whole medical school thing. Do you guys have a White Coat Ceremony?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fiatslug,
We have our white coat ceremony on August 10th. I am kinda excited about it. It seems like it is going to be a really special moment. Good luck this year!

Myrnafir,
I have been looking through my "picture books" (atlas) also. I guess I am just going to try to get everything organized before orientation. I hope you have a great year!

------------------
The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.
....Abraham Lincoln

AllAdvantage.com http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=bta487

[This message has been edited by JellyBean (edited 08-02-2000).]

You both go on and have a great year yourselves!

REST REST REST!! Seriously. Thats the best thing for you. I took the entire summer before my first year off and i am so glad i did. This summer, not so much, and it was my last one. Oh well. Enjoy what time you have. But really, you are gonna love it! Enjoy med school!! Its fun!

Sarah

Well, I'm just moving into my new place. White Coat Ceremony is in a few days, then we have a week-long orientation.

Good luck everyone for the upcoming year!

tristate

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!