Preparing for January 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike2132

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a rising Junior registered for one of the last "old" MCATs in January 2015. I am taking a PR class in the Fall, however, with everything else going on in the Fall, I would like to start studying in July. Having taken both Physics 1+2 this year and being a gen chem tutor, I am relatively fresh on the PS material. On the other hand, I did not take intro Bio (AP credit) and I took Orgo Freshman year so those topics are a little more distant. Not knowing too much about the MCAT, I have done well in my classes so I think I will need more practice than content review (I could be wrong haha).

I will be working 3 days a week full time in a research lab and traveling a little but I have no other commitments besides that.

The only MCAT-relevant class I will be taking in the Fall (besides the PR class obviously) is Biochem. All that being said, do you have any suggestions on how I should start preparing this Summer to compliment my PR class in the Fall?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I was considering that but my reasoning for doing it this way was that I would have the structure of the class when I was more busy. Maybe Verbal should be one of the sections I start practicing this Summer? Would you suggest using the PR book I already have?

As far as taking the MCAT in the Summer, my classes end in a week and start up again in early September so I don't think it would be enough time for me personally.

Hey everybody!! Good luck, and God bless to those who are indeed taking the test on this date!! For those who are scheduled to take the test on this date and have a change of heart or have friends that are having a change of heart, I'm asking if you'd contact me on here and let me know as I'm doing my best to gain a spot to take the MCAT in January 2015. If you can let me know before you cancel your test date, we could set it up so that when you cancel I'm potentially there to fill your spot on AAMC's test scheduling site. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!