texan2414

5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey,

The AAMC will release a full length 230-question exam sometime later this year. There already exists an Official MCAT2015 Guide which includes some practice questions.

Not sure when TBR and EK will release their newly updated materials but I probably think it would be next year at the earliest.

Gauss44

5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Just to make sure you're on the right track, I don't think the "2015 MCAT" starts in January of 2015. It starts a little later; something like February or March.

AAMC's recommended coursework for the MCAT still includes a year of general chem, biology, organic chem, and physics, plus one semester of psychology, sociology, and/or microbiology/biochemistry. IMO, the overlap between the 2014 and 2015 exams involve the stuff in italics. I would at least review those for now, and possibly the chapter outlines and major vocabulary for the new one semester classes. It will not hurt to practice reading quickly and actively either. Many people recommend reading The Economist for that.

Gauss44

5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey,

The AAMC will release a full length 230-question exam sometime later this year. There already exists an Official MCAT2015 Guide which includes some practice questions.

Not sure when TBR and EK will release their newly updated materials but I probably think it would be next year at the earliest.
While I don't have a copy of that guide, I suspect that it also includes a list of all the topics you need to know?

texan2414

5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
While I don't have a copy of that guide, I suspect that it also includes a list of all the topics you need to know?
The Official MCAT guide is the most comprehensive guide for the 2015 exam. It includes the content breakdown, including the specific topics you might be tested on the 2015 exam.

OP
C
May 27, 2011
Just to make sure you're on the right track, I don't think the "2015 MCAT" starts in January of 2015. It starts a little later; something like February or March.

AAMC's recommended coursework for the MCAT still includes a year of general chem, biology, organic chem, and physics, plus one semester of psychology, sociology, and/or microbiology/biochemistry. IMO, the overlap between the 2014 and 2015 exams involve the stuff in italics. I would at least review those for now, and possibly the chapter outlines and major vocabulary for the new one semester classes. It will not hurt to practice reading quickly and actively either. Many people recommend reading The Economist for that.

Last edited:

santeprof

If you need a bump, I may be your chump
Sep 12, 2014
I recommend Khan Academy free online MCAT Prep. They have recently added sections for the expanded MCAT.

Ailleurs

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Well you have 4 months until the last Jan 23rd (older MCAT) test. The average amount of studying seems to be about 2-4 months, so you should consider it!