Preparing to start my journey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roderick875

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had an account here for months, but I'm ready to start participating on the forums more and more. I come from a family of medicine--grandfather was a doctor, father works of Radiology and my extended family consists of too many RNs and Therapists to count. Anyway, I've known from a very young age that I wanted to be a doctor.

In high school I was in the health program--graduated with my EKG Tech certification (I just graduated in June by the way). I took an all AP/AICE schedule and transferred 15 credits to my college upon graduation and graduated with a 3.9 GPA (not my best on a scale of 5). I hope I don't sound pretentious! I applied to five Universities: UCF, USF, FSU, UNF, & UF and was accepted at all excluding UF.

Anyway, I getting ready to start my first semester in college on Monday and I sort of just wanted to make my introduction to the forums.

I'm attending--at the behest of my, in the frankest of terms, cheap parents--Santa Fe College in Gainesville for two semesters before I transfer to the University of South Florida in the Summer of 2015.

My major is Biological Sciences and I, like most of you, hope to attend medical school after receiving my Bachelors.

What I want to do beyond that varies almost daily but do I have an interest in Interventional Radiology, General Surgery, as well as Anesthesia.

I look forward to interacting with all of you over the course of my journey and I'm excited to see where I, as well as all of you, go!

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck OP. Just curious, why is your status pre-dental?

Also, go a little easy on the commas ;)

Best of luck OP. Just curious, why is your status pre-dental?

Also, go a little easy on the commas ;)

Lol that's what I was interested in when I first made an account and was pretty much lurking... like I said my interests have been all over the place! I'm just glad they haven't strayed outside of the medical spectrum.

And yes, comma use is something I use to battle my english teachers about when I was in high school! Still a work in a progress. In fact, adjusting to NOT being in high school seems to be a bit more difficult than I imagined. It was so strange seeing all the other students going back and not being amongst them..

Still very excited (and nervous) about taking the next steps, though! Thanks for the well-wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oi! Study hard and try to do something interesting and fun while you're at it. Also, if that is you in your profile picture, please consider changing it to protect your privacy.

Commas. Commas everywhere.

Also, if that is you in your profile picture, please consider changing it to protect your privacy.

Commas. Commas everywhere.

I should probably change mine then too.

Lol I know exactly what you mean. I know that kid and I am not that kid.

I just wasn't exactly sure how to introduce myself.

Start thinking about ECs, something I neglected early on.

You can speak normally on this forum, you know.

Get through freshman year first. Start EC's. Maybe do some shadowing. Calm down a bit.

Reactions: 2 users