Prepping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
when should I start prepping for the MCAT? I've taken CHE 1, Bio 1, Bio 2, Physics 1 (taking now) Chem 2.. Took a semester off.. Will probably take a extra year to get back to a 3.8+ but should I start now ?

Members don't see this ad.

when should I start prepping for the MCAT? I've taken CHE 1, Bio 1, Bio 2, Physics 1 (taking now) Chem 2.. Took a semester off.. Will probably take a extra year to get back to a 3.8+ but should I start now ?
Once you've finished taking intro psych, intro sociology, physics 2, ochem 1 & 2, and biochem.

I'm taking sociology, and already finished psych
There's still lots of other classes on that list :p The chem ones in particular typically have to be taken in sequence, so that's probably 3 more semesters until you're done with all the pre-req's

Members don't see this ad :)
There's still lots of other classes on that list :p The chem ones in particular typically have to be taken in sequence, so that's probably 3 more semesters until you're done with all the pre-req's
I bought a Kaplan MCAT review book for gen chem before starting freshman year should I read that over summer

I bought a Kaplan MCAT review book for gen chem before starting freshman year should I read that over summer
If you're bored and want to completely waste the amount of time it would take you to read that book.

Save the prep work for when you're actually ready to take the MCAT. Trying to do content a year and a half (or more) prior to when you'll actually be preparing for the MCAT is an exercise in futility.

Once you’re done (or nearly done) with prerequisites I would start taking practice tests 3 to 6 months before you plan on taking the MCAT. Try the UWorld MCAT app, it’s very close to the real test, has a large question bank, and also gives you good study tools....you can try it for 2 weeks free as well.

Finish pre reqs first. Finish as strong as possible because it'll carry over. Start worrying about it the semester before you take biochem.