Prereqs not completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docdude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello forums of md aspirers. I have a question about prereqs. I've been invited by two schools to interview, for whom I haven't finished the prereqs. Both of these schools require the prereqs to be completed in january, however i'm in a year-long fellowship that they both know about and have not completed those prereqs. Do i call them and correct their mistake in giving me an interview? Do i just go to the interviews and see what happens? ack! i have no idea what to do...

Members don't see this ad.

You might just call the schools and check their policies and reassess after that.

Hello forums of md aspirers. I have a question about prereqs. I've been invited by two schools to interview, for whom I haven't finished the prereqs. Both of these schools require the prereqs to be completed in january, however i'm in a year-long fellowship that they both know about and have not completed those prereqs. Do i call them and correct their mistake in giving me an interview? Do i just go to the interviews and see what happens? ack! i have no idea what to do...

Same thing happened to me. I have one more class to take, which won't be completed until after January. I plan on just going on the interview. I don't think it's a mistake that they asked you to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
i need some one to tell me how people get the courage to get into MCAT test without finishing the pre req. classes. even with genetics and microbiology still looking hard to me ...anybody agree on that ?

i need some one to tell me how people get the courage to get into MCAT test without finishing the pre req. classes. even with genetics and microbiology still looking hard to me ...anybody agree on that ?

It's not ideal, but sometimes necessary. I didn't finish Orgo, but I wasn't willing to wait an entire year just for that class. I probably took a small hit on the MCAT, but what can you do?

i'm the same exact thing like you ..i left the org. back because they kept saying it is hard..do you mind if i ask what you got on MCAT without org.

i'm the same exact thing like you ..i left the org. back because they kept saying it is hard..do you mind if i ask what you got on MCAT without org.

If you can, it's better to finish orgo -- not only for the MCAT, but also because I sort of feel like the adcomms have been treating me suspiciously because I didn't finish. I chose not to take it due to scheduling conflicts -- not because it was too hard.

The bio section of the MCAT was definitely my weakest part, but I don't know if it had to do with the orgo, or my general lack of background in all of biology. I did have the bio prereqs, but biology at my undergrad was really chinsy. I did take one semester of orgo prior to taking the MCAT. Anyway, I was getting 11's and 12's regularly on the practice tests, but then ended up with only a 10 on the real thing -- mostly due to fatigue I think.

You can teach the material to yourself if you have enough time before the test and the motivation to really be serious about it. I took it without Physics II.

I'm interviewing Mayo without Biochem. I elected not to take it this semester because only one of the schools I was applying to actually required it and I thought they were a long shot. I guess I'll have to figure out some way to fit it in if I get accepted. I'm not going to tell them about their little oversight, I don't want to jeopardize my chances!

i took the MCAT last yr without having taken any physics, but i still did fine (30). on the other hand, i wish i HAD taken physics, it definitely wouldn't have hurt, and would probably improve my score

some schools require 1 year of english composition

guys you are great ..i think i'll try to start it without taking the org.
or by that time i'll be finished at least org1 , i have 3.8 BCPM so far ..including A&P 1,2 AND Microbiology

so back in my undergrad days, i didn't complete ochem, i'm taking it next summer prior to matriculation (one quarter left). but i got an 11 on the bio part, which is solid enough for me.