Prereqs not completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillz123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so most schools require 1 year of general chemistry, but I only have half a year. It won't be a problem applying will it? They just require that I finish it before next fall when med school starts?

I just feel kind of weird leaving the field incomplete in all the secondaries...

Members don't see this ad.

How did this affect your MCAT? From my perspective it may not hurt you but it certainly isn't going to do anything in your favor. Most applicants will have everything completed so the admissions committee will have all their questions answered for the most part. If you did well on your physical science section on your MCAT it could look good for you.
Good Luck
Wake Forest class of 2011

Hi, so most schools require 1 year of general chemistry, but I only have half a year. It won't be a problem applying will it? They just require that I finish it before next fall when med school starts?

I just feel kind of weird leaving the field incomplete in all the secondaries...

Yes, you just need to have the prerequisites done by the time you matriculate.