Prerequisite at Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kipsmithers24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how medical schools view courses taken at the Southern California University of Health Sciences through the Integrated Science Program (ISP), which is a program that offers pretty much some the prerequisites for medical and dental school such as organic and general chemistry, physics, biochemistry, and etc? The program allows you to finish these courses in about 8 weeks with an emphasis on MCAT material from what I've heard and researched. I'm thinking of retaking the organic chemistry through that program because it will save me a lot of time, but before I do that I wanted to know if any of you guys know whether medical schools will be able accept the credits/classes that I have taken from there? Cause I don't want to waste my time and money taking these classes if the medical school won't accept it or look down upon it.

Here is a link to the program's accreditation http://www.scuhs.edu/academics/accreditations-affiliations/

Any advice on this issue will be greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I looked into that thread, but they're all for dental schools I didn't find anything on medical schools.

Hi,

Good to hear you. I think you are a little bit confused about your career. I want to share my views with you. Before 1 year i had done my degree with Southern California University of Health Science. They are providing 15 accelerated science courses and all are best. I would suggest you to go through their courses and select best that suited your career.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I am currently studying at SCUHS and I would totally recommend this school! The professors teaching accelerated science courses are very prepared and most of them are MDs. As you said, the schedule for these courses is great and allows you to obtain those credits very quickly. Most medical and dental schools will accept credits from this program since it is accredited.
The learning experience is going to be awesome since they have a very nice and small campus, great facilities and a passionate staff.

Hey,
I am currently studying at SCUHS and I would totally recommend this school! The professors teaching accelerated science courses are very prepared and most of them are MDs. As you said, the schedule for these courses is great and allows you to obtain those credits very quickly. Most medical and dental schools will accept credits from this program since it is accredited.
The learning experience is going to be awesome since they have a very nice and small campus, great facilities and a passionate staff.
Could you please list some of them?
I found two professors that are international Medical school graduates, but none of them have completed residency. So they can not practice medicine in the united states. Seems like a good place to get a chiropractic degree if you are into that, but otherwise for medical school seems like a bad place to get your pre-reqs.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey,
Wow this definately does not smell like a shill.

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure anyone who takes their pre-med courses at SCUHS is guaranteed automatic admission to Princeton School of Medicine. ;)

Reactions: 2 users