kittycat007

2+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi all,

I am finishing up secondary applications at this point, and some schools ask me to write in 2 classes for biology, 2 classes for chem, etc. I did poorly in my 2 general biology classes but I have been pulling great grades in upper level biology, like biochemistry, anatomy, metabolism, etc. When medical school asks for prerequisites, do you give them the highest level of classes, or do you give them the classes with best grades?

Any admission office feedback will be helpful. Thanks!

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I am finishing up secondary applications at this point, and some schools ask me to write in 2 classes for biology, 2 classes for chem, etc. I did poorly in my 2 general biology classes but I have been pulling great grades in upper level biology, like biochemistry, anatomy, metabolism, etc. When medical school asks for prerequisites, do you give them the highest level of classes, or do you give them the classes with best grades?

Any admission office feedback will be helpful. Thanks!
If they use the word "Prerequisites", they'd be referring to the year of General Bio, Gen Chem, Physics, and OChem, or whatever PreMedical Coursework the MSAR says a school requires for consideration.

OP
kittycat007

kittycat007

2+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
Medical Student
So if I did poorly on a prerequisite, they will still see I did well in upper level classes right?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
So if I did poorly on a prerequisite, they will still see I did well in upper level classes right?
Your calculated BCPM GPA and cGPA, both overall and for each year of college (& postbac years), are readily apparent. Your upward grade trend will be appreciated.

OP
kittycat007

kittycat007

2+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Oh ok! Thanks now I am less worried. Haha almost forgot about the GPA >_>