Prerequisites for Bs Psychology students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K.D.

Reaction score
Hi!
I am a 3rd year BS Psychology student in the Philippines and I have some questions regarding prerequisites. I am planning to apply to med school in and out of the country and based on what I've read with their prerequisites, it is mostly the common prerequisites in all med schools like inorganic and organic chem, biology, anatomy, math, etc. In our curriculum, the only prerequisites that I was able to really take are 1 sem of Inorganic/Organic chem lec and lab, 1 sem of Biochemistry lec and lab; and 1 sem of math in the modern world, and to be honest, my grades in inorganic/organic chem and biochemistry isn't that good since I don't have enough background to the subject. I also don't have the traditional math subjects and physics subjects, so I was wondering if these subjects: Psychological Statistics, Environmental Science, Microbiology lec and lab and Neurological Basis of Human behavior lec; can be considered as prerequisites for med school?

I am really concerned about this since it may affect my med school application in the future.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

K.D. said:
Hi!
I am a 3rd year BS Psychology student in the Philippines and I have some questions regarding prerequisites. I am planning to apply to med school in and out of the country and based on what I've read with their prerequisites, it is mostly the common prerequisites in all med schools like inorganic and organic chem, biology, anatomy, math, etc. In our curriculum, the only prerequisites that I was able to really take are 1 sem of Inorganic/Organic chem lec and lab, 1 sem of Biochemistry lec and lab; and 1 sem of math in the modern world, and to be honest, my grades in inorganic/organic chem and biochemistry isn't that good since I don't have enough background to the subject. I also don't have the traditional math subjects and physics subjects, so I was wondering if these subjects: Psychological Statistics, Environmental Science, Microbiology lec and lab and Neurological Basis of Human behavior lec; can be considered as prerequisites for med school?

I am really concerned about this since it may affect my med school application in the future.

Thank you so much!
You want to invest in a MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements). This booklet (or there is an electronic version) will tell you exactly what pre-reqs each school requires. It's produced by the AAMC. Well worth the money. Good luck.

You want to invest in a MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements). This booklet (or there is an electronic version) will tell you exactly what pre-reqs each school requires. It's produced by the AAMC. Well worth the money. Good luck.
This will help me a lot :)) Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
No problem

Reactions: 1 user