Prerequisites for Doctor of Audiology programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmm080

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am currently a English major on the pre-audiology path and am currently looking at University at Buffalo or University of Connecticut's doctor of audiology programs. I am unable to find the prerequisites classes needed for gradate schools such as these or any others. Does anyone know what I should be taking as an undergrad?

So far I have taking cell biology, chemistry, statistics, calculus... and was planning on taking biochemistry and physics in the Fall? However, should I be taking other courses such as speech/hearing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was also looking at UB. Here are their prereqs: http://cdswebserver.med.buffalo.edu/drupal/?q=node/153/

Your science/math classes look good. I may be wrong, but most programs require math/science classes for you to meet the ASHA certification requirement. For ASHA I believe you only need one physcial science (chemistry or physics), a bio class, a stats class, and a math class. They have the basic science requirements listed online.

Some programs require no prereqs. Some require more CSD classes, like language development, intro to Audiology, acoustics, etc. I did mine online through Utah State.