Prerequisites (Love/Horror Stories)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy321

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone has classes they enjoy, and classes they despise.
What classes did you guys fall in love with, and what classes did you feel like you were going to be dead after you took it?

Members don't see this ad.

loved chemistry, biology, microbiology, loving organic chemistry

despising physics, but still doing well.

and... agricultural economics was.. needless to say.. lots of cows and corn >.>

Somehow I loved Organic Chemistry I (yes yes I'm weird) once I figured out how to study the reactions :D
I just can not get Microbiology even though I study this class 6x more than any other :( still got a bad grade

Members don't see this ad :)
Somehow I loved Organic Chemistry I (yes yes I'm weird) once I figured out how to study the reactions :D
I just can not get Microbiology even though I study this class 6x more than any other :( still got a bad grade

it's probably because microbiology is straight up memorization :scared:

LOVED Chemistry such a great class both gen and Organic

Ha Physics a Love/Hate relationship and it's over!

love both gen & org chemistry, especially gen chem 2. dislike general biochemistry, which made me thinking about quiting twice.
also love physio, economics,

Interesting how a lot of people didn't enjoy physics

at first I was totally not looking forward to anatomy and the cadavers. But somehow I came to love the class and enjoyed it a lot, formaldehyde and all. another class I liked was organic chem, it was like taking art!

one class I DO NOT LIKE is physics, electricity and magnetism stuff. Will I use this when I'm a pharmacist? I think not.

How about this situation: What do you think was the class that was the hardest to get an A in, despite if it was your favorite or least favorite?

How about this situation: What do you think was the class that was the hardest to get an A in, despite if it was your favorite or least favorite?

i would have to say.. organic chemistry or.. organic chemistry lab.

Haven't taken biochemistry yet, but I think that would be a definite first hardest :scared:

Interesting how a lot of people didn't enjoy physics

hmmm maybe because it's POINTLESS??? lol seriously pharmacists are nothing like engineers who, let's face it, are the unfortunate ones that actually have to use physics

oh and by the way, i hate physics too :D

anatomy :thumbup:!!!! we had cats to dissect and it wasn't as gross as i thought it would be...kinda cool actually :) except that i had a pregnant female :( that was sad...

Favorite: biochem (it just kinda clicked); microbio (loved loved loved the lab, so much fun growing stuff). Anatomy is kind of a love hate relationship... it got annoying having to dissect brain, sheep's eye; heart; cat; mice; anesthetized frog (felt so bad for the lil froggy :( ) at least it confirmed why i didn't want to be a doctor.

Hated: I have to agree with the majority; physics is the worse class ever.

hate genetics. currently taking it right now and it just doesn't stick into my head....and a midterm coming up this monday along with ochem midterm. how lovely....:(

loved: ochem I&II, micro, physio, biochem
hated: physics
love-hate: anatomy

:) = calculus, physics, gen/org chem labs, metabolic biochem
:( = ecology, molecular bio
:)/:( = physiology, genetics

Haven't taken anatomy yet, but it seems like a fun and interesting class.

I'd have to say interpersonal communications was the greatest waste of time. Laughable theories such as "pillow talk" and "talk about your feelings" were the highlights of the course. I honestly can't believe I took that course as a prereq for a school I never ended up going to. Also, the class was baking hot with no air conditioning on saturdays for 6 hours.
I did, however, meet some interesting characters in the class. It also reaffirmed my theories of diverse...political opinions and the rationale behind certain ideologicalies. It was colorful to say the least.

:):)= Biochemistry
:)=Organic Chem II, Bio I & II, Pathophysiology, A&P I&II, world literature, Genetics
:( = Calculus, English 101 & 102
:(:(:(:(:(= PHYSICS!!

I have already taken the lib arts reqs (public speaking, etc) now down to the sciences and maths. I am currently taking biology and liking it, even though the chemistry parts of it has been difficult. I am soooo not looking forward to Physics and Calculus...(I dread math!!!)....hoping I am able to do well in them.:eek: