Prerequisites timeline

bihari

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
So I made a 'remaining semesters' plan of what classes I will take until I graduate, the only issue is that I may not have all of the prerequisites completed, in my case it would be organic chemistry 1 and 2. will there be any issue with me completing them after I get my bachelor's degree?

Also, my school does not have a dedicated 'biology 1' and 'biology 2' (we have more than one biology department, since we have more than one biology program [molecular/cellular and evolutionary]) does it matter which ones I take for my 1 year of biology with lab?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
So I made a 'remaining semesters' plan of what classes I will take until I graduate, the only issue is that I may not have all of the prerequisites completed, in my case it would be organic chemistry 1 and 2. will there be any issue with me completing them after I get my bachelor's degree?

Also, my school does not have a dedicated 'biology 1' and 'biology 2' (we have more than one biology department, since we have more than one biology program [molecular/cellular and evolutionary]) does it matter which ones I take for my 1 year of biology with lab?

Thanks!

You don't need to be degree-seeking to take pre reqs.

I'd go with Mol/Cell, if it's between those two. But any one year series of introductory Biology for a Bio major should suffice. The courses would probably cover intro evolution, mol cell, genetics and basic anatomy and phys. However, this isn't a hard and fast rule.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.