Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Prerequisites timeline

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bihari, Nov 28, 2008.

1. bihari

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I made a 'remaining semesters' plan of what classes I will take until I graduate, the only issue is that I may not have all of the prerequisites completed, in my case it would be organic chemistry 1 and 2. will there be any issue with me completing them after I get my bachelor's degree?

Also, my school does not have a dedicated 'biology 1' and 'biology 2' (we have more than one biology department, since we have more than one biology program [molecular/cellular and evolutionary]) does it matter which ones I take for my 1 year of biology with lab?

Thanks!

#1 bihari, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  2. Chocolate Bear

Chocolate Bear Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

You don't need to be degree-seeking to take pre reqs.

I'd go with Mol/Cell, if it's between those two. But any one year series of introductory Biology for a Bio major should suffice. The courses would probably cover intro evolution, mol cell, genetics and basic anatomy and phys. However, this isn't a hard and fast rule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Merging with the thread in PA.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...