1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

prerequisites

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dubbs, Mar 23, 1999.

1. Dubbs

Dubbs New Member

Just a question about prerequisites: does taking prereqs at a community college (following completion of an unrelated B.A. from a 4 year university) hurt chances of admittance to a DO school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njdevil

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If that is the case, you must prove your scientific ability by getting A's at a community college in science courses and doing (must do) very well on the science portions of your MCAT. I believe it doesn't exactly hurt you, but doesn't let you prove yourself the way taking undergrad courses at a reputable school.

If possible take some upper level science at a four year school just to show you got skills!

4. Henry

Henry Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sometimese medical have a bias by believe that taking science classes from community college is a way to get easy out. Personally, I don't agree to it. However, in order to prove that you are capability, I am 100% agree with njdevil. Just be prepare to response with those question.

Good luck

5. DO DUDE

DO DUDE Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I took basic Biology at a community college and Organic Chemistry at a 4-year school. I was never asked about it in interviews and was accepted this year. I think it is o.k. to do a mix of courses with the "tougher" ones taken at a 4-year school to show it doesn't matter.