• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

prerequisites

v-lander

spungahundahground
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2003
  1. Medical Student
    Hey all. First time poster, long time reader. I am preparing for PA school but had a question about prerequisites. What is the reason most schools require you to be done with your prerequisite courses the December (or thereabouts) before you begin PA school? Why not just be done before the PA program starts? Thanks for the help. I've got a ton of other questions.

lalee

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 22, 2002
    Texas
      I think you have to be done by Dec because many PA programs begin in May...not much time to prepare if you are finishing up spring classes.
      I think some schools will work with you if you have one class left and everything else is in. I, however, plan to be done by Dec...kind of a crunch (have to take some summer classes+pissed+ ) but atleast I'll have some time off before I start (I'm keepin' my hopes up:D ).
      Good luck to you!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.