Prescribed med during med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pipacus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone taken (prozac, paxil, etc...)? How has it affected studying? tell me. bthanks

Members don't see this ad.

Remember, med school requires you to be at the top of your brain game. Taking any medication is going to affect you. However, depression will affect you to a much greater degree than any SSRI will. One warning. Do not overmedicate with an SSRI. They may tend to make you feel laize faire about stuff and that would be bad.
Other than that, I think you will be safe. If I had to give advice, I would try to be prescribed one with some norepi in it. Might give you the ability to focus a little more than just serotonin script would.

If you are asking about anti-depressants, I have taken Welbutrin with no problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys for your help:oops:

go see a doctor ffs

The only meds I took was coffee and occasional pro-plus (another caffieine stimulat in tablet form) before the odd exam if I had been up most of the night studying!

But I only saved my caffeine exploits for exam time, the other times, I was hapy to sleep my med school years away! :p