1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Present Howard Students, please help...M1

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Tailbone, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Tailbone

Tailbone New Member

I was just wondering. Do you all have any suggestions on things to bring to Howard. I will be going down there. Just wondering if there are any suggestions for an individual that wants to pursue a non-primary care residency. Do you all have any suggestions? Where are good places to research/shadow docs. I would like to get a residency in a competitive field like rads, ER, optho, derm? I konw that howard is primarily a primary care producer, but hey these above mentioned specialities are necessary too! So any suggestions? What review books should I bring? Who are the good profs, those that teach the best and prep you for the USMLEs the best.

Thanks!
    TB

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tailbone

Tailbone New Member

anyone ? any answers?

4. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I PM'ed you.

There aren't many (if any) Howard students here only those who are going in this year.

5. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. RLMD

RLMD blah
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I will most likely be attending howard in the fall. I was also considering a competitive specialty like rads or ortho. I was just wondering how difficult it is to get honors, and how many are selected to AOA. Also, what are the matchlists like each year? Do many people match in non-primary care specialties?

7. 2006HereICome

2006HereICome Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

wsup dude.

ok about getting honors at howard. well i'm not the best person to ask about that. however, all i can say is that there are a lot of ppl that come here with advanced degrees (master's from those 1 yr master's programs, etc), so if you arent someone like that its difficult. believe me med school is something where the number of hours u study sometimes doesnt correlate with the grades you pull in. although i must say the more times you go over something the better it is, thats why those folks with master's, etc, who have seen this stuff before do a lot better.

but yah just get ready to come here and do some work. but dont be intimidated, the people and atmosphere is real nice.

hope that helps

8. RLMD

RLMD blah
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think that howard students study much more than students at other schools? If so, why? I guess, if anything, it will help for the boards, right?