Pretty Girls ...are they favored for Admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice to have such a light-hearted thread for my debut post. :)

Truthfully, I haven't seen many hotties at my interviews. I've gone to U of Minn., SUNY SB, SUNY Buffalo. ... I'm going soon to UNLV. Maybe my eyes are on blinders; it's a focused day. Maybe its because I've applied late and the good-looking applicants are done with the interviews.

Still, on the other hand, the Dental Students I see whenever I tour schools or the medical personnel (DDS or MD) I see while volunteering in hospital clinics are really really good-looking.

I like to think that successful people just tend to be beautiful; maybe it's a by-product of self-discipline.

But really I think it's the knowledge that they're definitely on their way to a DDS or an MD that throws a lense on my perception. :)

Members don't see this ad.

But yes- I totally agree with previous posts that neat dressing and a confident personality will level your chances if you're no Tom Cruise. I would hope, that all that is important is that the interviewer can see you as a student at his/her school and as a future dentist.

After all, Senator Kerry is no hunk, and has his inconsistencies; but dressing and acting "Presidentially" is winning him votes in his ultimate "interview" with the nation.

But the hair... the hair. I would love to have hair just half that thick. Nothing says presidential like 5 lbs of hair and a 13 inch part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Supernumerary
But the hair... the hair. I would love to have hair just half that thick. Nothing says presidential like 5 lbs of hair and a 13 inch part.
<innuendo>Yeah, havin' a 13 inch part wouldn't be bad... not to mention having lots of hair. </innuendo> ;)

Originally posted by Thaxil
Shoes? I care nothing for shoes. I do not remember the last time anyone has looked at my shoes. Yes, I wore dressy shoes to my interviews. I bought them at shoes-for-less; 9 buck. Yeah, tennis shoes would stick out like a sore thumb.

You dont remember it because nobody has said anything, shoes are very important when you are getting dressed up. They can ruin or help your overall look. And yes I know people have looked at my shoes because I got compliments on them, and I always look at shoes.

Sorry thaxil, but arns is right. Shoes can make or break the professional look that you need for interviews.

My suit, shoes, tie, shirt, belt, all of it was Kenneth Cole. I like their stuff.

I thought that Nova had the best looking females. Not just interviewees, but the actual students in the HPD. I am sure many were DO, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, etc.

South Florida :love:

It is good to hear that so many people agree with me on the shoes issue!

I also like to hear that others have great fashion sense! I love Kenneth Cole--Go ShawnOne!

Even though I'm a guy, I'm still planning on showing some leg. I think flashing some skin goes a long way. I might even unbutton my shirt so I show some clavicle, chest hair, and my gold chain. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by ShawnOne
My suit, shoes, tie, shirt, belt, all of it was Kenneth Cole. I like their stuff.

Heh, you got me beat, all I had was the watch, shoes and cologne from KC

it's sad but true.... looks do matter, not just our physical but the way we dress makes a big difference

Originally posted by accidental
Even though I'm a guy, I'm still planning on showing some leg. I think flashing some skin goes a long way. I might even unbutton my shirt so I show some clavicle, chest hair, and my gold chain. What do you guys think?

I found that letting my chest hair grow into a lush, shag carpet worked well for East Coast schools. That, plus my bling-bling = on-the-spot acceptance.

That's a great tip. I never thought of using the chest hair length to my advantage. Although, I've found that it must be kept at a managable length so my really big gold chain doesn't pinch and pull the hair - talk about an embarrasing interview situation! Can you say 'OUCH'?!!

Does it seem to help only in the East Coast schools? If so, is that becuase of the larger Italian population?