Previous MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieOConnor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in April 2001 and got a 27. I know I can do much better so I plan to retake in April 2004. There will be 3 years between the MCATs and I noticed that some schools will only accept scores that are under 3 years old. Does this mean that I am safe and that the 27 will essentially be stricken from the record? Will it show up at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by KatieOConnor
I took the MCAT in April 2001 and got a 27. I know I can do much better so I plan to retake in April 2004. There will be 3 years between the MCATs and I noticed that some schools will only accept scores that are under 3 years old. Does this mean that I am safe and that the 27 will essentially be stricken from the record? Will it show up at all?

I'm in a similar situation (took it the first time many years back) but they don't erase your score from the report. It's still in there but the schools will basically only consider your newest score if the old one has "expired."

I just had a paranoid thought. What if you scored significantly higher on the new test but someone reviewing your file accidentally misread your (or my) score report and took the older score to be the recent one. I'm sure that would not be out of the question if you apply to 20+ schools.

Alexander