Aug 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I was looking at the aamc website about the requirements when applying to med school and It said that I need an official transcript of all previously attended institutions and I cannot get one from one of the schools I attended because there is a balance I need to pay off however I am starting as a bio med undergrad student at a new college from scratch and I have a scholarship so my tuition is covered and I was worried this will harbour my application. what should I do?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I was looking at the aamc website about the requirements when applying to med school and It said that I need an official transcript of all previously attended institutions and I cannot get one from one of the schools I attended because there is a balance I need to pay off however I am starting as a bio med undergrad student at a new college from scratch and I have a scholarship so my tuition is covered and I was worried this will harbour my application. what should I do?
Negotiate a release of your transcript on a payment plan.

Reactions: Goro and JustAPhD

JustAPhD

Not a hummingbird expert
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ice Coast
Unfortunately you're going to have to pay up to your previous institution because you do need that transcript.

Reactions: Goro