Priceline Name Your Price

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first time really using Priceline to name my own price on an airline ticket. I bought a one way ticket to go to an interview, but for those that are familiar with it, I couldn't buy a ticket in advance for the way back on the same day after my interview is over because you cannot choose the time of your flights. I was afraid I might get a time that is even before my interview starts! So my question is, would I be able to do the 'name my own price' after my interview is over for a flight that same day? For example, I leave my interview at 1 pm on August 30th and go immediately to Priceline to book a flight for August 30th using the name my own price? Anyone have any ideas? I hope I was clear enough :/ Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I have a suggestion. Buy a ticket right now. Seriously? Why would you risk it like that? Just buy a ticket

Risk what? It's for the flight back from the interview, not on the way there. And if this doesn't work, I'm just riding a GreyHound bus back. This idea just popped into my head so I thought maybe it could work?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like it wouldn't be a huge deal, since flights usually run throughout the day, but I would call Priceline just in case. I would be interested to know as well. At least you have the bus if all else fails : )

Well I guess I you aren't in a hurry to get back... I figured you would risk spending the night there and possibly have to pay for a hotel. However, in light of the new info, go for it.

To the OP: you can do that. However, be aware that many Priceline flights in the evenings may be red-eye flights, or the price you bid might not be that cheap, especially in cities like New York. If I were you, I would just take greyhound to avoid red-eye flights.