primary care schools/underserved populations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sultana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some insight on good primary care schools that have programs/and or commitment to underserved populations...I'm applying to Univ. of Washington (my undergrad), OHSU and some others but I was wondering what private schools might fit into this category as well. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone had some insight on good primary care schools that have programs/and or commitment to underserved populations...I'm applying to Univ. of Washington (my undergrad), OHSU and some others but I was wondering what private schools might fit into this category as well. Thanks!

I am under the impression that public state schools are much more interested in underserved areas and producing primary care physicians, at least here in Texas, where the public schools are strongly oriented in that direction.

I am applying on similar lines, I want to serve underpriviledged populations in the U.S. and abroad and if you look at my MD apps account (link at bottom) you will see which schools I researched and decided had great focus on service and primary care vs. research. I have schools listed in about every level from the ones I should get into to the ones I probably won't! Let me know if you have any questions...