Primary Verified but still waiting on May MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I wait until I get my scores to submit to other schools? I took my MCAT once before and completely failed it, so I don't want schools to see that and put me in the reject pile. Also, just from reading other threads, it seems like schools like Dartmouth and GW sent out secondaries to people who just indicated that they are applying (but did not have their primaries verified). Is that the case?

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying in this dimension?
June is over and you haven't gotten your May MCAT score yet? Yes, you should wait the couple of days, especially since it's super early and we're coming up on a holiday weekend.

Ya I took the May 27? 28? MCAT so still waiting on scores. Are most schools pretty quick at sending out secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I took the May 27? 28? MCAT so still waiting on scores. Are most schools pretty quick at sending out secondaries?

from what i gather, some schools have sent them out, some haven't. its summer, don't expect many schools to take a look at the secondaries until school is back in session. remember some med students are on these adcoms as well.

It seems like many of those schools I'm interested in are waiting until July 1st or some more ambiguous point in July to release their secondaries. I think I've gotten 5 out of 25 schools I applied to (verified mid-June).

Thanks guys! I will probably wait then. Plus I really don't think submitting a few weeks later than most people will significantly affect my chances