Princeton MCAT TESTS vs. Kaplan MCAT TESTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedrose

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Princeton MCAT TESTS vs. Kaplan MCAT TESTS

What do you think? Which one resembles the real MCAT?
Do you have your real MCAT score and what you did in your practice MCAT tests?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the Princeton practice MCATs were ridiculously hard. I remember the first one I took (granted it was at the beginning of the course), I got a 17. I knew it was BS though.

From that point on, I only took the AAMC practice tests, and got a 26, 29, then 32. I took the actually test and got a 35.

I wouldn't even bother with those review course practice tests. I feel like they're just gonna piss you off.

I think that the TPR bio is relatively similar in difficulty, some of the TPR bio's are too easy IMHO. I got a 13 on #4 and a 15 on #5 and with tons of time to spare, and some of them are too hard. I think that the TPR verbal is ridiculously hard (averaged 8's in TPR VR, but on my AAMC practice I took today I had an 11, which is what I have in EK) and I think that the TPR physical sciences are harder with more time consuming calculation. On top of it, the curve isn't forgiving.

I haven't taken Kaplan, but I hear that although their PS is harder than the AAMC they curve it super lenient. So, from what I've seen most peoples Kaplan scores are higher than their AAMC scores for most of the Kaplans (although I hear the later ones like 11 are impossible).

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan has a free MCAT exam online.

How difficult is that one? Is it considered a decent one?

I taken the TPR class and have access to both the AAMC and the TPR tests. The TPR tests are very hard, especially verbal.

My friend gave me the old Kaplan tests (70 questions for each section) on PDF. So far that is not too bad

Don't worry, not including my semi-diagnostic AAMC, my TPR VR is 3 pts lower than my AAMC. If you can get 8-9 on TPR, you're good to go on the MCAT :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback man.

When I finish with the MCAT, remind me to burn my TPR verbal workbook in a bonfire.