latinfridley

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2001
Status
Hey, i just went to my first TPR hyperlearning course. Today was verbal and my first impression is that 1) the instructor is awesome, 2) Ive already learned things that are helping me with verbal passages. What are some of your impressions on the TPR hyperlearning classes thus far?

dogirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Status
Well hopefully your instructors continue to show up and also that your diags are scored on time. I had about 5 canceled classes and 5 no shows during my prep last year and never received the scores from my last diag test until after the actual mcat. It was pretty much an awful experience! It all depends on how the regional office is run...beware of Philadelphia!

arktec

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
Status
I think there is a lot of variability...I took TPR hyperlearning over the summer and 3/5 teachers were good. The other two were marginal at best...there were kids in my class who could have taught it better. Diags were graded on time though. We had them the day after the test each time. This was in Atlanta by the way....

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2002
Visit site
Status
My verbal teacher is great, my physcial scicene is really cocky, but teaches well, my bio goes too fast and doens't explain well. In a whole, I really like the class and I the time fly's soo fast.

Go TPR:clap:

lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
I got the PR books from someone and I find the science review to be way too detailed and long-winded. Having taken the MCAT already, I know that >90% of this won't be on the test. I think I'll just read the Examcrackers books for science review and do PR passages for practice. The science workbook and verbal workbook are great.