Princeton Review A-D and 480 Series!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed315U

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you find either or both to be similar to the real MCAT? I hear from some people that A-D is more realistic, but others say that A-D is much too hard. Please let me know your experiences. :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Tests A-D are extremely hard and should be only taken if you have nothing else to do. If you have no other option, material wise. I would stay away from them cause they just plainly demoralize you, but if you want a challenge take them and don't worry about the scores. I have heard people get low 20's on those tests and get high 30's on the real MCAT.
As far as the 480 series goes, 485 and 486 are more representative of the MCAT cause they are suppossed to be the AAMC test. 481-3 are just tests like Kaplan, scores on those tests should be taken lightly since they are there to motivate you to study according to my instructor.

A-D keep getting harder and harder. A = pretty hard but not bad. B is the same. Once you hit C and D it's about knowing petty detail. I disagreed with some of the verbal answers too. To make a long story short I've been getting A=30, B=32, C=24, D=didn't finish but probably would end up with 22-26. For comparison: AAMC I = about 35, AAMC2 about 33.

So don't worry about those stupid tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone,

I just did 481, and I thought verbal was really difficult. Did anyone else find this too?

Does anyone have the scale for this test? What would a 12,11,10,9 be? Please share how many you got wrong in comparison to your score.

Thanks soo much!!

a-d was a waste of time. I think I only did the verbal sections in each...