Princeton review (cracking the DAT) or Kaplan DAT(2017-2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ash366

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is better? I just bought cracking the DAT but realized theres not enough practice questions.

I saw kaplans DAT 2017-2018 and saw a lot of excessive info but has a lot of practice questions.

Which is better?

My science background is solid. Its the other sections that im terrible at. Which do you suggest. Any thing else that will boost my math, and reading and other subjects? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Go with DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer as most people on this forum recommend. DAT Destroyer alone should be enough practice, IMO.

I've heard terrible things about Kaplan. I recommend purchasing DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer. It's a much better financial decision as well.

When i checked online, dat destroyer isnt even on the top 10 best prep book list.

I just want the best prep book to prepare me for the dat. So should i go with DAT destroyer and math destroyer?

Does destroyer help you with the 3d structures and english or kaplan?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a solid background in the sciences, then I recommend Destroyer and Math Destroyer for the practice questions. For PAT I recommend bootcamp. Between Kaplan and cracking the dat, I personally found Princeton Review much easier to read and understand the science material. I also heard their reading strategy is good!

When i checked online, dat destroyer isnt even on the top 10 best prep book list.

I just want the best prep book to prepare me for the dat. So should i go with DAT destroyer and math destroyer?

Does destroyer help you with the 3d structures and english or kaplan?

When you say "3D structures", I'm assuming you are referring to the PAT section. I suggest you get the DAT Bootcamp for that section. Don't get discouraged even when you get a lot of questions wrong or run out of time. Bootcamp provides detailed explanations for their solutions and probably the only material you'll need to do fairly well (at least) on the PAT section.