Princeton Review - Science Workbook: Scaled Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to use my Google-fu to find the answer to this question. SO many inferences, but no one seems to have a direct statement regarding comparable scaled scores for TPR's workbooks.

Does anyone have any idea about what the ranges of scores indicate? It would be phenomenal to know where I stand.

I did the first 13 passages of the bio section (comparable to a combination of molecular/micro/cellular bio) and am averaging 68%.

I'm looking for any tangible insight. Even if you don't know how TPR would classify scores, but took the MCAT and studied with TPR, I would love the reference point.

Right now, your guess is as good as mine

tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Well

I'm scoring 13-14 on AAMC PS while averaging about 85-90% in Chem/Physics

I'm scoring 11-13 on AAMC BS averaging in the mid 70s in Orgo/Bio

Although I put a strict 6 minute limit on questions per passage [even if they have 12 questions]

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. Alrighty.

I think my average BS score is 11 coupled with 68%. Granted, that's 68% for less than 1/4 of the bio passages. Maybe these topics are my weak point.

Thanks for the insight :)

Are you doing the advanced passages as well? Those can certainly kill your percentage.

Oh...uhhh...not sure? I'm literally going through the workbook, page by page. So, everything will be included. Are they designated by anything special?

Oh...uhhh...not sure? I'm literally going through the workbook, page by page. So, everything will be included. Are they designated by anything special?

They are kind of tough in bio

Also my percentages don't include discretes, I didn't do any discretes

I actually find the discretes a bit tougher. Most questions in TPRH come directly or indirectly from the passage, whereas EK Bio 1001 and TBR Bio require some outside source or memorization of a certain thing sometimes unrelated.