Princeton Review vs. Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caribou

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does everybody recommend for the review course? Which is better, Kaplan or Princeton Review?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

kaplan gives you a lot of material...im taking princeton...really, i dont think its worth 1500...you think you are getting a great deal because you have like twice as many hrs of class as kaplan but towards the end they just got real damn annoying especailly when the teachers just basically take the material, and read it to you...ofcourse they skip what they consider is not as important...

I've taken both. Kaplan is better because of the online resources and hoards of test material. TPR, while they had teachers that were actually very very good in the materal (each section had a diff teacher who knew their ****), ultimately the good teacher isnt going to help you score well on this test... the test material will. Congrats to all the recent grads of Kaplan U

As far as materials provided for a really solid review, Princeton all the way. The quality of Kaplan materials, although vast, pale in comparison to that of Princeton's IMHO.

Princeton Rocks,

Tooth

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with Tiggidy. You get MORE than enough material with TPR. If you run out, you are studying TOO much. I think some pre-meds can actually study so much it becomes counterproductive.

Also - having the teachers teach you gives you the chance to grasp material that you might not have 'got' the first time around.

In the end, it's personal choice. Some will tell you Kaplan, some TPR. TPR worked really well for me, and I recommend it to anybody who wants to take it.

-chop

Do a search. There are many more replies to this question.

Go to search in the blue bar above this message. Do an advanced search with parameters such as Princeton, Kaplan, and "title only". You'll be able to see what a lot of people have said on the topic.

Just pick the company closest to you house and try to get the practice material of the other company from somewhere. I believe which company you give your money to really doesn't matter.

And beware anyone who tells you they took one company and got a 20 and then took it again with the other company and got a 35. How you do will depend on you much more than on the company, they are more alike than different.