Princeton Review vs. Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjs007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I noticed that PR offers more classes for less money than Kaplan, however I know many more people that have taken Kaplan, with good results.

Does anyone know of any specific differences between the two courses, any opinions?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Members don't see this ad.

None bro - the only difference is the one you stated, less class time for kaplan. As someone who prepped w/o a prep course, I can say from first hand experience, that I agree with those who do take the courses that what you get from the course is what you put into it.

Anyway, do a search and you'll see the different opinions on tpr and kap.

I think that the classes vary greatly by region because the quality of teachers can vary so much. I took the TPR class, had knowledgable teachers who really cared about what they were doing, and improved my score several points from when I just studied on my own. Check with people in your own area who have taken TPR and those who have taken Kaplan. What did they think about their intructors?

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic, and you'll find if you search through the MCAT 30+ tips forum that people have done well on their own, with Kaplan, and with TPR.

Best Wishes!

I was gonna take TPR last summer because of the amount of classes they have but I decided not to because of relative proximity of the classes to where I live in comparison to the Kaplan classes. I'm glad I chose Kaplan. I don't know about others but I've found that it's not the classes and the lecture that really helps, but it's really getting yourself to study and doing problems and reviewing what you got wrong. I found many of the lectures too slow in pace and focused in areas that I was already strong at. But the nice thing about Kaplan are the strategies. Some of the strategies they give in class are priceless and definitely helped a lot during practices and the real thing. But I haven't gotten my scores back yet so I probably shouldn't be commenting on this subject...:oops:

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help and will definitely do a search as well.