Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am a current sophomore at UCLA. I am planning on taking the MCAT in the spring of my junior year. I want to take a Princeton Review class. My mom thinks I should take it the summer before my junior year. I think that this is not a good idea because, first of all, it is so far in advance. Also, I will not be finished with physics, life science, and biochem until after the fall. I think it is more logical to take the class in the winter. Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be useless for you to take the course in summer because A)you're not prepared if you haven't finished physics and B) they work it so you max out your score right as the real exam comes. You obviously won't be able to do this if you have months off between the course and the exam!

Thanks for the responses. I was trying to tell my mom that taking the exam in the summer while I am unprepared is not worth it because they make you take sample MCATs... it wouldn't be an accurate representation of how I will do in April.