Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gibna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that Princeton Review practice MCAT exam D was harder then the real thing. For those who agree can you post your grade improvement? I will realy appreciate it since I am kind of depressed after taking exam D.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I took the MCATs in April of 2002. The Princeton Review practice exams were definitely more difficult than the real thing. I believe I scored somewhere in the low 30s on the final practice exam. I ended up scoring a 39 S (12 VR, 14 PS, 13 BS) on the real thing.

My performance on the official MCAT practice tests that I ordered from AAMC were surprisingly accurate. I took those practice exams in the final days leading up to the April test, and my scores ranged from 37 to 39.

The Princeton Review material was excellent preparation. I read the Science Review book, and answered all of the questions in all of the review books (very important to do so). I also read various sections of the New York Times every day for two months.

Incidentally, I scored like a 24 on the diagnostic Princeton Review exam. I also quit the Princeton Review course after the first week, but kept all of their material.

Hope this helps.

--Vinoy

Wow, over a 30 on Practice test D, I thought it was undoable. Well maybe not for someone who got a 39.
Thanks for the advice