SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Printed AMCAS Apps have begun going out to schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sz, Aug 7, 2001.

1. sz

sz Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Hershey, PA
    Had a long long talk with the AMCAS client services supervisor today ( His name is Daemon Thompson). He said that they have started sending out printed AMCAS apps for ALL applicant. Today was the 1st mailing day. They are going through the files based on submission date. I submitted mine on 6/28 ...so mine was mailed out today along with everyone elses who applied at about the same time or earlier ..... At least that's what I've been told. where is my grain of salt!
    These copies ARE going to be considered official by med schools.
    This guy also said that AMCAS is going to mail out your app even if it is not verified :confused: ... made no sense to me ...if your app isn't verified how is it official??? but that's what I was told. They are going to continue the verification and keep trying for the electronic submission as well.

Like the rest of you I'm not sure what and who to believe anymore :rolleyes:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. moo

moo 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2000
    I think they are going to verify after you've sent it out and if there are any discrepancies they will notify the schools. I hope this guy knows what he's saying because it's about time this process got moving along!

4. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001
    Would that be pronouced 'demon'? :eek:

Andrew

5. lamyers

lamyers Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Pensacola, Fl
    That is exactly what they told me today, about delayed verification. (is that anything like delayed gratification?) But they told me different about the paper apps. See my remarks under "New EDP info". She told me they are only going to selected schools.

6. Barton

Barton Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Did anyone else get their app mailed out? I want to try to find out if mine has been sent out (I submitted on 6/23), but I work Monday thru Friday from 8-4:30 (central time). Luckily, those times correspond almost exactly to AMCAS's hours, so I can never reach them. Anyone who submitted around 6/22-6/28 please post.

7. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I submitted on 6/29 and got a letter from Washington Univ. St. Louis a couple of days ago stating they had received my AMCAS.

I hadnt sent it to them yet, so it must have come from AMCAS in some form. However, supposedly AMCAS is just mailing out a one page summary, NOT the full app (see the thread marked "baylor")

8. sc

sc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Illinois
    I just talked with an AMCAS rep a couple of minutes ago. He said that applications submitted up until a couple of weeks ago would be sent out on Monday (or by monday?). I wish we could get one straight story. I submitted on 6/22 and still haven't been processed. I got the change/notification button on 7/28.

9. sz

Aug 6, 2001
    Hershey, PA
    The change/notification button means you were processed. They just havn't gotten around to emailing you yet.
    I submitted mine 6/28, got the button 7/19. lost the button 7/25. All this without a single word from AMCAS. I found out accidentally that my app was actually transmitted by calling a med school and talking with a nice lady who looked it up in HER database for me.
    If you call they'll tell you your app is being processed ... which is probably false. Tell them about your button and Insist on a more complete answer.

10. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I just today got the verification confirmation email from AMCAS.

sz, what school did your app get transmitted to?

11. sz

Aug 6, 2001
    Hershey, PA
    Stanford