Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Printing AMCAS 2002

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by synite, May 23, 2001.

1. synite

synite Senior Member

anyone else having trouble using the "Print Application" tab on AMCAS 2002? I keep getting an error message that's indecipherable.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member

yeah, i can't print either

4. 12R34Y

Attending Physician
    can't print either.......frustrating because I'd like to see how it is all laid out and what it looks like on paper.

later

5. Al Dente

Al Dente Junior Member

I pretty much just finished up my app...well, all except for the "Practice Vision" essay. I had read this thread before, and so I was eager to see if my app would print. What happened when I hit the button was another browser window opened, and everything I had entered was displayed basically in web-page form. If you can't get it to display, I don't think you're missing much, since all it consists of is your data in a narrow (maybe 6") column, laid out like a paper app. I did find, however, that the darn thing garbled quotation marks and apostrophes into gibberish, and I can't for the life of me get it to display my minor. I guess that's not too bad compared to the horrendous problems others are having, so all I can say is, best of luck, y'all.

6. 12R34Y

Attending Physician
    I've had no problem getting the printout of my application as of about one week ago. All of a sudden it is just working fine and much quicker than when the app first came online.

later

7. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I just can't shake this error. I've written AMCAS about it but they haven't responded in weeks.

8. synite

synite Senior Member

I have the EXACT same error message. Anyone else?

Any ideas about what to do? I've also called/emailed to no avail...

9. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    R U guys using internet explorer 6.0? If so this might be the problem!!!

10. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Imtiaz, that looks like a javascript error (or some sort of runtime code error) - what browser are you using? You try the computers at UIC?

11. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    rxfudd: No I haven't tried the computers at school. Do they work better? I'm using IE 5.5 on Windows 2000. Yeah it's a scripting error, it looks like a particular parameter isn't set correctly. I even tried re-entering my school information, but it didn't help.

12. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

RxFudd,

Do you suggest using the computers at UIC? I haven't completed much of the application yet, but I may plan a trip to UIC if my computer doesn't cooperate.

13. Doctor Wyldstyle

Doctor Wyldstyle Senior Member

Has anyone found a solution yet?

14. synite

synite Senior Member

just called AAMC. straight from the horse's (or ass's) mouth: "The printing error will be fixed within the week."

any bets on that? :)

15. gower

gower 1K Member

AMCAS has apparently just fixed the printing problem.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. synite

synite Senior Member

apparantly they have....but it looks pretty shoddy. did anyone's essays come out looking right? mine look like one continuous paragraph. also, some info, like birthplace, is randomly missing. strange.

18. Jacky

Jacky Member

Yeah, I'm stuck (as well!!) trying to enter the MCAT info (# of times taken) and keep getting the same'ol error notice!!!! You'd think they would have resolved this!!

19. synite

synite Senior Member

grrrrrrrr....

they screwed it up again. it was working for about an hour and now it doesn't print anymore.

i'm getting that same GPA section error, something about a "datetime" error. oh well

20. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    I did the majority of my application in the UIC computer labs (224x SES) and had no problem with the application or being able to print (or at least view the printable format). It might be a good idea if you are coming down to UIC anyway.

21. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Oh yeah - and I'm getting the same continuous essay paragraph, too. I sure hope that's not how the adcoms will see it...

Actually, it's probably because the page is being generated with HTML - I'll bet their script doesn't utilize line breaks or something to that effect.

22. synite

synite Senior Member

so you think the med schools will see the essays as they really are? (with paragraphs and stuff :). i hope so...it looks ridiculous as one long paragraph.

23. isa

isa Senior Member

My coursework wouldn't print! When I went back to my app, it was gone! And to think I'm developing tendinitis from all that mouse clicking and typing. Aaugh!