Prior Military Health Insurance Requirment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HDanA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this forum is the right for this since this doesn't relate to students going into the military just ones that were military and are not going back in.

I am prior military and get my health care through the VA (Veterans Affairs) and start medical school in the fall. My school has a medical insurance requirement and I turned in the verification paperwork claiming that my VA Healthcare eligibility fills the requirement/need for health insurance. I am going to a pretty new school and my impression is that I am the first veteran student so they did not know if this was acceptable or not. Has anyone else used VA Healthcare to fulfill the medical insurance requirement or have been told they still needed to buy insurance when they received their healthcare from the VA?

( This topic is also under Pre-Medical Forums > Nontraditional Students @ http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...4#post14105624 )

Members don't see this ad.