Pritzker Completion Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cruz21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the "you are complete" email for the third time. I got it the first time before my June MCAT score arrived, the second time a few weeks after the MCAT score arrived, and for the third time now. I don't know the meaning of this.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the "you are complete" email for the third time. I got it the first time before my June MCAT score arrived, the second time a few weeks after the MCAT score arrived, and for the third time now. I don't know the meaning of this.

ARGH!!!! Ditto. First complete 7/12 (but my MCAT score wasn't in), second complete 8/02 (MCAT was released 7/18), THIRD complete today! And this is after being told that my file was actively under review when I called them in early August, and then again after I received the accidental hold status message two weeks ago.

I just spoke with a very nice woman in the office. She said that anyone who got a third "complete" email today should call the office and let her know. She said she doesn't know why this is happening, but she'll look into it.

And she said she'll bring this to the committee's attention, and that I should be receiving a decision this week. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me...6/15 MCAT, just recieved my 3rd completion e-mail

what number did you call?

same thing happened to me; i just called and the lady was like "i'll let them know" very ambiguously and that's pretty much all i got. she seemed in a rush to get off the phone...

same thing happened to me; i just called and the lady was like "i'll let them know" very ambiguously and that's pretty much all i got. she seemed in a rush to get off the phone...

My theory is that we all took the June MCAT, and when they "completed" us in July when scores came out, we accidentally got placed back in the "waiting for scores pile." When they just went to complete the MCATers whose scores came out last week, they found our files and "completed" us again. That's my best guess. Mango took the 6/15 MCAT too. How about you guys?

Not to complicate things further, but I received the completion e-mail today around an hour ago as well. It was, however, my first notice... maybe everyone who hasn't received a decision was notified via this mass e-mail due to some odd glitch?

... Or maybe all of us who got it today were supposed to have received an acceptance letter... complete with a full-ride! Yeah... let's say that.

Not to complicate things further, but I received the completion e-mail today around an hour ago as well. It was, however, my first notice... maybe everyone who hasn't received a decision was notified via this mass e-mail due to some odd glitch?

... Or maybe all of us who got it today were supposed to have received an acceptance letter... complete with a full-ride! Yeah... let's say that.

I LOVE your second proposal! But alas, I'm now convinced that since the hold-up on my application was not due to its astounding merit, but rather to a misplacement or miscategorization of my app, that I will be receiving a rejection in short order this week. It was a nice dream while it lasted!

But alas, I'm now convinced that since the hold-up on my application was not due to its astounding merit, but rather to a misplacement or miscategorization of my app, that I will be receiving a rejection in short order this week. It was a nice dream while it lasted!

Hey now, none of that! I see a handful of interviews that back-up the strength of your application, and I'm willing to bet it'll come down to the notorious "fit" essay. You've got as good a chance as any of us who haven't had a final decision made yet. Keep the hope alive!

Hey now, none of that! I see a handful of interviews that back-up the strength of your application, and I'm willing to bet it'll come down to the notorious "fit" essay. You've got as good a chance as any of us who haven't had a final decision made yet. Keep the hope alive!

I suppose you're right, but some part of me thinks that if they found a person with a 3.9 and a 39 lacking, that my rejection is basically a given. But I'll try to be more optimistic.... Thanks for the pep talk!

yeah confusing email. i received it today saying that they would review my app and make one of three decisions: interview, hold, or reject, and send me confirmation by standard mail. i thought i was already put on hold yesterday when i checked my status online, but everyone's saying different things, so i dont know what to believe, ill just wait for the letter.

you can check your status on the website... i got an email and my status was changed to "interview", but i never got a snail mail from Pritzker, and i live in Hyde Park

of course, I also never got a third complete email, so if the technology's screwed up i have no idea. i always thought uchicago was really good about their admissions websites (the undergrad one was amazing :D)

you can check your status on the website... i got an email and my status was changed to "interview", but i never got a snail mail from Pritzker, and i live in Hyde Park

According to the woman at UofC that I spoke to, interview invites don't come by snail mail. They are only sent via email & a status page update. It's rejections that come by snail mail (and also show on the status page). Not sure whether it's true, but she also said that if you're put on hold it would be emailed to you, as well as show on the status page.